“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness” (The Declaration of Independence). To preserve these rights, local governments play a limited, yet important role, which must not usurp the individual rights or authority of the governed.
When local government ceases to preserve and protect the rights of the People, the People must act to reform their local government. This is accomplished by electing new leaders who prioritize liberty and the People above all else, while serving the needs of the community.
As citizens seeking elected office, we establish this Michigan Impact Contract for the people of Michigan. Our cause is to secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and future generations and to restore the bonds of trust between the People and their elected representatives.
Local elections offer the People of Michigan an opportunity to elect fearless leaders to be school board members, county commissioners and other important elected positions, who will lead courageously, reject passivity, restore local authority, and respect individual rights.
We recognize our nation’s Judeo-Christian heritage and celebrate America as an exceptional nation blessed by God.
“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.”
– George Washington
We honor and respect all people due to their intrinsic worth.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
– Thomas Jefferson
We stand united to restore and amplify the principles of American exceptionalism:
MICHIGAN IMPACT CONTRACT
As an elected official in Michigan, I will:
- Promote and protect liberty and freedom by valuing the People above the interests of government, corporations, or special interests. I will boldly take action to thwart tyranny, government overreach, and injustice.
- Govern with the least force and least authority required, allowing citizens maximum opportunity to make their own decisions for their families, businesses, employees, churches, and schools.
- Promote due process and defend the rights and liberties of the People, so the People may live without fear of reprisal or intimidation from local elected officials and staff.
- Defend the moral responsibility of parents and legal guardians to maintain control of the care and upbringing of their children, which must not be usurped by local government or the government school system. The government’s moral responsibility for children must remain subservient to parents’ rights.
- Honor all people equally due to their individual intrinsic value and worth; reject ideology that segregates people into groups to justify treating them differently.
- Use common sense, courage, and the Constitution when making decisions in my elected role.
Respecting the judgment of citizens, I seek their mandate to restore trust and freedom by signing the Michigan Impact Contract.